Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 2 September 2015

Check list for 'peace'

Dearest Darling Friends,
In a recent seminar, 'What’s your Excuse?' when the participants were asked, "If they could chose any one thing they MUST have....at any cost...what would it be?", the most popular choice was "PEACE".
In the lunch break, one innocent participant ventured to ask me, "How to know if I am peaceful or not?". 
The question found me blabbering incoherently. Either the participant respected me too much to question my blabbering or his compassionate heart allowed me to save my face. May God bless him! Anyway, his question lingered for hours. 
"How to know if I am peaceful or not?". Brilliant question indeed! While I have thought sometimes on "How to BE peaceful?", I had never ventured into, how to KNOW if I am peaceful.
In the past 36 hours, I have scribbled on a scrap paper, noted in the diary, used the Evernote on my phone, stroked the keys on my MacBook, every time I had a stray thought on "How to know I am peaceful?". Here is the summary of my jottings. Feel free to agree or disagree or correct or add.
How to know if I am peaceful?
Possible answers....
  1. 1. A loss of ability to worry about things that are irrelevant 
  2. 2. A loss of ability to worry about things that are NOT in my control
  3. 3. A loss in interest to judge others
  4. 4. A loss of interest to prove a point
  5. 5. A loss of interest in fussing about trifles
  6. 6. A loss of interest in holding on to anything that is painful
  7. 7. A deep genuine need to say 'Thank you' or 'Love you' to the air, the sun, the clouds, the flowers etc.
  8. 8. A deep genuine need to dance a step as I walk
  9. 9. A deep genuine need to appreciate
  10. 10. Eyes brim over on the smallest acts of kindness
  11. 11. A deep feeling of gratitude that overwhelms
  12. 12. A sense of being a witness to the unfolding of life
  13. 13. Effortless smiling to the point of being ridiculous
  14. 14. The feeling of a melodious song being played within and attempting to catch the melody
  15. 15. Sleeping like a baby with limbs spread out and with a smile flirting on the lips
  16. 16. Waking up in the morning with a smile

Dearest Darling Reader Friends, we would love to know your thoughts and your experiences about being peaceful. And oh yes, be very peaceful when you pen down your thoughts...ha ha.
With love, prayers and exceptional wishes,
naren
Imagine, when we wake up, we are given only what we had thanked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment