Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 15 March 2016

I'm scared when you say you love me.

You say you love the rain but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love the sun but you seek shade when it is shining.
You say you love the wind but when it comes you close the window.
So that’s why, I am scared when you say you love me.
BOB MARLEY 
Dearest Darling Friends,
Certain lines take your breath away. When you read them, time stands still. When you read them again, the impact is the same. 
The above lines from Bob Marley always have that kind of an effect on me. It makes me smile. It makes reminiscence happen. It makes me nostalgic. Strangely, it makes me deepen the desire to love and love more. It kind of makes me ready to love and be prepared if I get hurt. 
It makes my heart say, "So what if I get hurt. I want to just go ahead and love and feel the completeness that loving gives. I want to feel the self-worth that loving someone gives. I want to feel the strength within, that loving someone, gives."
What if I am hurt or disappointed? Well, I see it this way. Disappointments are a part of life. That should NEVER stop me from loving, right? 
There is only one exception to the rule. If the intention of the other person is to exploit me, then walking away will be considered. However, that just means we were not right for 'each other'. It does not mean, there is anything faulty about love. 
I love the rains and I am going to dance in the rains to glory.
I love the sun and watch it rise every time I can. As I watch it rise, I think my dear darling Sun is talking to me. It is putting up this spectacle for me to 'understand' something. I love these moments where we play mental games with each other.
I love the wind and even today, I love to put my head just that little bit out of the window as we drive somewhere.
If Bob Marley would have met me, he would have said, I believe it when you say, "I love you".
With love, prayers and exceptional wishes,
naren
Imagine, when we wake up, we are given only what we had thanked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment